03/13/2019: 4 Ways to Stop Hitting “Snooze” in the Morning
4 Ways to Stop Hitting “Snooze” in the Morning
It seems that every time we shut our eyes at night to sleep, seconds later, our alarm clock is waking us up to start the day. The dreaded noise that sends us into panic never seems to get any easier. What makes matters worse? It’s typically the night before we “promise” ourselves we will be up and ready to start the next day! However, morning rolls around and the infamous alarm makes its beeping debut into our morning and we find ourselves hitting snooze…let’s be honest…. usually more than once. So how do we stop this cycle? After looking into a few different methods and testing them out, we have found that these 5 ways to stop hitting snooze, just might do the trick!
- Place your alarm out of arms reach: This tactic might be the most painful, but it provides the best results. Instead of putting your alarm clock right by your bed (or setting it on your phone), buy an alarm clock with an obnoxious noise and place it on the other side of your bedroom. When your alarm goes off in the morning you will be forced out of bed to shut it off. This strategy will get you out of bed and hopefully keep you out! This does take strong will to not curl back into bed but tell yourself “I am out of bed and ready to start my day”. You might be surprised with how much easier it is to get out of bed in the morning.
- Keep your curtains or blinds open: Nothing says “stay in bed” more than a cozy, dark room. By keeping your curtains or blinds drawn shut, you are making it harder to get out of bed in the morning. As the sunlight seeps into your bedroom in the morning, it will be easier to get out of bed and will leave you feeling more energized to start your day.
- Do something you love first thing in the morning: Reward yourself! If you set your alarm for an early (but reasonable) enough time, then you will give yourself time to start your day off with something that you love. Here are just a few suggestions:
- Make a great breakfast and the perfect cup of coffee
- Do your morning meditation or yoga
- Write in a journal
- Go for a walk
- Play an instrument (as long as it doesn’t wake anyone up!)
- Tell yourself that you are ready to start your day
4. Allow yourself enough sleep every night: If you find yourself hitting snooze every morning, chances are you aren’t allowing yourself enough sleep every night. Sleep is vital to your daily success. Make sure you are getting between 7-9 hours of sleep every night.
Do you have any tricks to waking up feeling refreshed? We’d love to know! Comment below!
Please like and share our tips with your friends.