04/18/2019: How Do I Get a Home Loan?
The 9 Easy Steps of the Hickory Point Bank Mortgage Loan Process
There you are, sitting at a nearby coffee-shop, sipping your Café Mocha, and dreaming of buying your perfect home! You’ve spent hours searching realty platforms such as Realtor.com and now, you’ve finally found it! It’s the home of your dreams, the perfect 3 story English style home with original hardwood floors, overlooking the lake. “Yep” you think to yourself, “this has got to be mine”.
Whether you are in Decatur, Springfield, Champaign, or the greater Peoria area, you are not alone. Plenty of us have been there, and many of us attained those dream homes with a little help from Hickory Point Bank & Trust. Sure, at first, it’s scary thinking about taking out a mortgage loan. The “what ifs?” circle around in our mind, but eventually the “what-if?” turns into “why not?” and then, the dream home becomes a reality.
So, you may be thinking, “This sounds great and all, but where do I start?” Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with our 9 easy steps to the loan process. Let’s begin!
- Apply online or meet with your Hickory Point Bank Mortgage Lender for pre-qualification. Have questions about the application? Call any of our Banking Centers and ask for the Mortgage Department.
- Provide all required documentation to your Mortgage Lender. Not sure what’s required? No problem, you are in the hands of a Mortgage expert who will guide you through the home loan process and provide you with a checklist.
We go to work for you and……
- Provide you with loan disclosures
- Order a home appraisal
- Submit your financial documents to underwriting
- Our local Underwriter will review the loan request and issue a final credit decision
- We will then ask that you set up homeowner’s insurance
- Once approved, loan documents are sent to a title company for signing
- At closing, the documents are signed and all remaining down payment and closing costs, if applicable, are paid.
See, that’s not too overwhelming, right? Take a deep breath, we will be with you every step of the way and make this exciting new chapter in your life as easy for you as possible- that’s our job. When you choose us for your mortgage loan, we choose you, every step of the way. When it comes to buying a home in Central Illinois, our experienced team of mortgage loan originators invest in you, your family and making your dream home a reality.
For more information on the loan process, click here: http://bit.ly/2HwLxK9
Equal Housing Lender, Member FDIC