- We provide professional estate settlement services. As a corporate fiduciary we will strictly abide by the elements of the Will without being swayed by interpersonal family issues. Our accounting and reporting mechanisms provide complete transparency thereby preserving family harmony.
- Agent for Executor
- We provide professional estate settlement services and keep the Executor updated as to the various steps and processes of settling the estate. A valuable service for individuals named as Executor/Executrix that may want to fulfill this role as named, but may not have the time and/or expertise to do so.
- We act as your trustee, and can take on the responsibility for keeping your financial affairs in order in the event of your incapacity. Revocable living trusts preserve family privacy because, unlike a will, they are not a matter of public record at the time of the person’s death.
- Charitable trusts have long been an important part of estate planning. The key to using today’s charitable trusts successfully is to design an approach tailored to your own particular set of charitable intentions and family financial planning objectives.
Trust in Your Will
- Trusts are appropriate when leaving someone the benefits of property without the burdens of its management. Our trust officers remain in close contact with the families we serve, providing comfort of knowing these discretionary powers will be exercised with understanding.
Agent for Trustee
- Just as in the category above, Agent for Executor, an individual may want to fulfill their role as trustee but may hire HPB, as their agent, to perform the investment management and accounting and reporting services, as well as to advise them on the fiduciary duties and obligations of being a trustee.
- When the Court directs that a financial settlement be placed with a corporate trustee, because the beneficiary is a minor or an adult who has been declared incompetent, HPB will act as the financial guardian. We will invest the proceeds for the beneficiary considering the time horizon for the investments, income needs, growth requirements, and tolerance for risk. For a confidential, no-obligation consultation at your home or in our office to review how our services can meet your needs, please call our Trust Department at 217.875.3131.
Services offered by Hickory Point Bank’s Trust Department are not FDIC-insured, are not deposits or other obligations of Hickory Point Bank & Trust and have no bank guarantee, and are subject to investment risk including possible loss of principal value.