- You may communicate directly with Hickory Point Bank and Trust through our web site, subject to the following conditions:
- You may not upload information or material that violates any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights of any person or entity.
- You must not include any obscene, libelous or defamatory content in your communications.
- You acknowledge that from time to time, some of those communications may be shared with other departments within Hickory Point Bank.
- Information submitted to Hickory Point Bank through our web site will become and remain the property of Hickory Point Bank. Hickory Point Bank will be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in information provided to Hickory Point Bank through our web site. Hickory Point Bank will not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding submitted information except as agreed to by Hickory Point Bank in establishing and/or maintaining a direct customer relationship or as otherwise specifically agreed to or required by law.
Disclaimer of Warranties
- The information, materials, and functions contained on these web pages, including text, graphics, links or other items are provided on an “as-is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or freedom from computer virus. Hickory Point Bank does not warrant the adequacy, accuracy or completeness of the information and materials included on these web pages or in third party sites linked to or from our web pages or that the functions provided will be uninterrupted or error-free. Hickory Point Bank expressly disclaims any liability for any errors in or omissions from information, materials and functions included on these web pages or any third party sites linked to or from our web pages.
Disclaimer of Liability
- In no event will Hickory Point Bank be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages or lost profits arising in connection with use of our web pages, any interruption in availability of our web pages, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, loss of data, or otherwise, even if Hickory Point Bank has been advised of the possibility of such damages or loss.
Privacy of Consumer Financial Information
Information We Collect:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us or others.
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency.
Information We Share:
- We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our current or former customers to anyone except as permitted by law.
- We may, for example, disclose nonpublic personal information about you to others for purposes of servicing your account with us, processing transactions that you request or authorize, running credit or other verification checks, protecting against fraud, or complying with state/federal banking regulations.
- We may disclose information we receive from you, such as your name and address, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
- If you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive customer, we will adhere to the privacy policies and practices as described in this notice.
Who Receives Information and Why?:
- We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers, or former customers, to anyone, except as permitted by law. We may exchange such information with certain nonaffiliated third parties (under limited circumstances) to the extent permissible under law to service your account, offer you products or services we believe you may find valuable, report to credit bureaus, manage risk, and other financial services related activities.
How We Protect Your Information:
- We understand that the protection of your nonpublic personal information is of the utmost importance. Guarding your privacy is our obligation. Hickory Point Bank maintains strict procedures and policies to safeguard your privacy. We restrict employee access to customer information only to those who have a business reason to know such information, and we educate our employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- It is the policy of Hickory Point Bank to follow the rules of the Privacy of Consumer Financial Information in all cases except where Illinois Law prevails.
- Our online services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent.
- Collection, Use and Disclosure of Non-Personal Information:
In some cases, Hickory Point Bank and Trust may collect information about you that is not personally identifiable, as described below:
Internet Protocol Addresses:
- An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. This number does not identify your name, e-mail address or other personal information.
- The bank may use a software “cookie” when you access our PC banking product. “Cookies” are small text files that recognize repeat visitors, facilitate ongoing access to some sites, and allow sites to understand how and when pages are visited and by how many people. Except for personal information voluntarily provided by you (i.e., during any registration process), we do not use information transferred through cookies for promotional or marketing purposes, and that information is not shared with third parties. A cookie is an element of data that a Web site can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your system. A cookie does not retrieve any data from your hard drive, carry computer viruses, or capture your e-mail address. Cookies help Web sites to keep track of your preferences and to recognize return visitors. So, when you return to a Web site you’ve visited before, your browser gives this data back to the server.
- We may provide links to sites outside of our Web site to alert you to products, information, and services offered by third parties. These links are provided as a courtesy to give you access to information that may be of interest to you, and may be to both the private and public sector Web sites. Although we will only provide links to sites we believe are reputable, we do not make any representations concerning the linked sites’ contents or availability. Please note that linked sites may have different privacy and information security policies than Hickory Point Bank and Trust. You should review each site’s privacy and information security policies carefully before you enter confidential information onto the site.
- Please use caution when using external financial aggregation or consolidation services. These are companies that collect your personal information from a variety of sources and place them on one Web site. They are able to do this by having you give them your identification information and password for each individual Web site, and then use these passwords to access each account. You must provide your permission and information to allow these services to collect this data. We recommend extreme caution when using these services and encourage you not to provide any account information or password to a site that is not familiar to you.
Preventing Identity Theft:
- Hickory Point Bank and Trust is committed to protecting your personal information. Strict policies and procedures have been implemented to ensure that your personal information is kept confidential. Only authorized signers can access account information. Every effort is made to protect our customers from fraud. We will never initiate a request for sensitive information from you via e-mail (i.e., Social Security number, Personal ID, Password, PIN, or account number). If you receive an e-mail that requests this type of sensitive information, you should be suspicious of it. We strongly suggest that you do not share your personal ID, password, PIN, or account number with anyone, under any circumstances. If you receive a suspicious looking e-mail, please contact us at 217.875.3131.
- Please visit our Safety & Security center for tools and tips to help protect yourself against fraud.
Terms, Changes and Questions:
- If you have any questions or comments about this policy or our use of personal information, you may send an e-mail to email@example.com. We will use reasonable efforts to promptly investigate any complaint you may have regarding our use of personal information.